CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Strike

So, it's been a long day. I've been thinking about one of my childhood neighbors--Sister Rose-- and I think I would like to follow her lead. I vividly remember Sister Rose getting fed up with her husband and kids. One night she was serving dinner and one of her boys made a comment about how gross the food was and that put Sister Rose over the edge. It was at that very moment that she went on strike. When I looked in their backyard, Sister Rose was always hanging laundry on her clothesline, or she was taking in down, folding it and putting it in the basket. After she went on strike, the clothesline was eerily empty and instead of a busy lady, I saw Sister Rose laying on a lawn chair in her swimming suit reading a magazine. I used to hear Sister Rose calling her kids and giving them jobs, but not anymore. Her kids would come out to talk to her and she would put her hand up, tell them she was on strike, and turn away. This lasted for a few days until she got her point across. Today, I'm thinking a strike is the way to go. I feel like I work all day and I don't get anything done. I know Casey thinks I just sit home and watch T.V. What an insult. I am a crazy lady all day long and he thinks I spend the day relaxing--don't I wish. If I do watch TV, it's when I'm folding HIS laundry, or doing busy work for the office. I would hardly call folding laundry while watching Cheetah girls, relaxing!!! (As a side note, I don't know how they made 1 Cheetah Girl movie--let alone 3!! And, these girls do concerts--I just don't get it!! I haven't seen the 3rd one yet, but I'm guessing that the girls are really excited to do something, they all get mad at each other, and somehow they have a new song and dance and win a contest--I don't know, it's just a guess, but if you haven't seen it, I'm pretty sure I spoiled it for you.) Right now, I feel like the laundry, cleaning, cooking, shopping, bill-paying, organizing, working, carpooling GHOST in the family. Yes, I feel invisible, so why not strike. Maybe if I didn't do anything, others would see how much I really do!!

0 comments: