CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Boost

If anyone needs to boost your self-esteem, might I suggest a day at Lagoon. I walked into that place feeling like an ugly, frumpy, post-partum mom wearing running shoes with capris, and after a couple hours, I was suddenly feeling like a supermodel--not a model, a "supermodel." Not only did I feel a whole lot cuter, I also felt a lot smarter. I was proud that I had never come up with the idea to have cherries tattooed ALL OVER one of my thighs--yes, just one thigh covered in cherries. I was glad that I knew it was summertime, so I didn't come to Lagoon wearing thick sweats. I was glad that I know when NOT to wear a tank-top. I was glad that I didn't wear a mid-rift with my big belly hanging out. I was glad I don't look like Beaker on the Muppets. I saw a lady that looked EXACTLY like Beaker. Her mouth had lines that curved down like his and she had wide eyes and orange poofy hair. I felt really bad for her because that's genetics, not something she chose. I felt a whole lot better when I saw a wedding band on her finger and then saw her husband being very sweet to her because although I don't know her, there was something inside me that didn't want her to be alone because of her looks. Anyway, I enjoyed the euphoria I felt all day at Lagoon and I'm glad I did because the second we pulled out of the park, I was that ugly, frumpy, post-partum mom wearing tennis shoes with capris.

0 comments: