CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Failing

I'm seriously failing my children!! Isn't it my responsibility to teach them how to treat things and others with respect?? I feel like I'm totally failing in that area. I just can't seem to teach them how to treat their things with respect. They can make a huge mess in a matter of minutes, but cleaning it up is a whole different story. I started my back to school spring clean today. We started in the toy room at 11:00 am this morning. It is now 1:00 am and I just barely finished the room. It's not like I've gone the entire summer without cleaning it up!! One of the things I love best about my kids is that they will go in the toyroom and play for hours. I would rather have them do that than watch tv, but they get EVERYTHING out and mix it all together and spread it all around the house. I have tried every sort of organizing methods with their toys, but it's the same old story. My girls just gather all these little random toys and shove them in the oddest of places. I would love to find the guy who invented Polly Pockets and dump my vacuum bag over his head. I think I should sue him for a new vacuum, since I am constantly vacuuming up all those tiny pieces. They are the dumbest toys. The kids always need help because the pieces are so tiny--I hate those things. Why do girl toys have so many tiny pieces?? I threw out 6 garbage bags of old, broken, and dumb toys and games and we still have so much!! If I was more consistent making my kids clean-up their stuff, I could really manage this better. I am going to beat this battle with the toyroom!! Coming from two clean freaks, where did my kids get this from??

0 comments: