CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Getting a Leash on Things

For years and years, when I would see parents who were dragging their kids around on a leash, I would think "how can a parent do that?? It's a child not a dog--that's soooo inhumane." Now that I have Buggie, I think "Who wouldn't want a leash and where can I get one?!?!" After a day at Lagoon and a little trip to the grocery store with Luke, I'm thinking a leash would be one of the greatest investments I can make. That kid does NOT like to be confined and he thinks running away is the funniest thing. We were at Smiths Marketplace and he took off running (for the millionth time on this little outing) He ran the length of the grocery store over into the clothing section. By the time I caught up to him I had had it!! I was so mad and I let him know he was in Trouble (trouble, with a capital T). I scolded him, picked him up, and started walking. Luke was just screaming that loud, high pitched scream, and EVERYONE was looking at us. Everytime we walked past someone, Buggie would reach his arms out and beg for ANYONE to take him. If anyone had reached back, I would have happily passed him along. I had smoke coming out my ears. I know from the looks we were getting, that everyone was thoroughly entertained. The rest of the shopping trip, I had every person in that store over the age of 75 coming up to me telling me they know just how I feel. No, they don't!! They have never had to deal with Buggie in public--it's exhausting mentally and physically. I'm thinking that for Luke's safety and my sanity, I might join the world of inhumane parents and drag my little boy around on a leash!!

0 comments: