CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Anybody Else??

Isn't there anybody else to vote for???? I can't stand John McCain and what's up with his running mate Sarah Palin?? It just seems like everything's been a circus since he chose her. I was totally put off by a comment I read about her where she says that before she agreed to run for Vice President, she wanted to know how involved the position would be because she would only run if it was very involved. Ok, how about being involved in your children's lives!! You have a really little one--take care of your baby!! I don't know, maybe she thinks she can give her children a better life this way, but that's no substitute for a mom. That just really bugs me!! Barack Obama is very charismatic!! Just on personality, I would vote for him, but unfortunately there's more to it than that. How can I vote for someone who is prochoice, pro gay marriage, and pro socialized healthcare?? I know there are so many more issues than these and I've been trying to do my research, but I can't find a reason to vote for either candidate--isn't there anybody else??

1 comments:

Melissa S. said...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080904/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_palin_text

READ IT! That's all I have to say! I'm not sure if you know this, but my family is a HUGE politcal family and we have to read EVERYTHING on every stance, issue, candidate, etc. I was NOT pro-McCain at all, until he picked Palin and I read about her. Okay so her vs. a VP that has spend the past 30 years in Washington DC (and he hasn't changed it while he was ther)....hmmmm..... Okay, I'll get off my soapbox, but I just had a nice "discussion" with Gave too on the issues that he he thinks Bill Clinton back would solve. Ignorance on the issues is of peeve of mine when they don't know about them or haven't read and poor Gabe got an earful. He's with me though in thinking that we don't WANT or NEED another George W.!!!!!
So aren't you glad I commented!
You're right though, the election started with "the lesser of the two evils". To a certain degree, it may still be there, but one is pulling out in front for me.
Why WOULDN'T you want someone who has actually LIVED the whole pro-life issue, mom (not just having your one or two kids to look good for the politics game), oil "in", etc. She started just by joining the PTA and wasn't bred to be a politician. Her story is actually pretty cool.
OK NOW I'M DONE!!!! :)