CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

ME

Monday, July 6th
Tonight I went for a run around the Bountiful temple. I was so caught up in the beauty of the sunset. The deep oranges and purples reflecting off the lake just took my breath away.
I remembered A LOT of things while I was on my jog. I remembered that I need to mail the car payment, I remembered that I need to post something nice about myself, I remembered why I missed Bountiful so much and why I spent seven years longing for it's beauty, I remembered a family home evening with the kids, and I remembered what it feels like to be ME. After 2 long years, there have been several times that I've wondered if I would ever have that feeling again. Tonight I did.
It was fantastic, brilliant, wonderful, happy, motivating, and energizing. It was...ME!
I was so excited that I felt like I needed to reintroduce me to me and I did--over and over again. I kept telling myself--"This is you...this is you...this is you!" I hope I got the point because I really like having ME around.
A few weeks ago, we had FHE on the grounds of the Bountiful Temple. We talked about eternal families and told the kids how we met, fell in love, what we love about each other, and how wonderful it is to be sealed in the temple.
When it was Casey's turn to tell the girls about meeting me and what he liked about me, I was listening very eagerly to hear all the nice things about me. Unfortunately, I spent more time trying to keep the boys IN the temple gates, but OUT of the water fountains. I did manage to hear a few tidbits and this is what he said.
The first time he came to my house to get me, Case remembers me walking across the landing and coming down the front stairs. As I came floating down the stairs he thought I was so tall and gorgeous with my dark hair and dark eyes. I had to smile when he said he thought I was tall because I remember thinking he was so short--which he can't believe. After meeting his dad and brothers, I can understand why he "thinks" he's tall. The girls just thought this was so "romantic" and were beaming with smiles from ear to ear. I've always liked my brown hair and hazel eyes and even more since that is what got me my handsome man.
So, here are 3 nice things about myself
1. I'm tall--but not too tall
2. I have dark eyes--just wish they were bigger
3. I have dark hair--good thing too because I couldn't handle the root thing
So, here's to the tall, dark-eyed, dark-haired ME--who actually showed up this week. I'm so glad to have ME back!



7 comments:

Melissa S. said...

Yes, you BETTER be thankful you don't have the root issue! :)
How close is the temple to your condo? How wonderful, I know how you kept saying you wanted to feel "YOU" again.....nothing like the temple that brings out the best in us and helps us remember the most important things.

Annie said...

YAY!! I LOVE this post Jod! I'm glad you are finally feeling like you again and I love that you said those nice things about yourself because that's how your girls see you. They always tell me how they want to grow up to be beautiful and fun like their mommy. It's about time you see yourself how all the rest of us see you!!! Love you!

Hillary said...

Wahoo!! I am proud of you it is not easy to write nice things about yourself, and it is a lot harder for some than others. You are great and I am so happy you are feeling like you! Just keep feeling like you for a while, no more babies quite yet!:)

ericareynolds said...

I'm so glad you are feeling good! What a sweet post. I love your FHE idea. You are such a good Mom. I hope you continue to feel like yourself. I've always liked you-- you've been a great friend -- from playing Barbies, to cruising all over Provo to find the right ice for our Dr. Pepper's, to nice talks in the car on the way home from lunch. :)

jerseygirl said...

Thanks for sharing those thoughts with us. I have always looked up to you. But you're right, its easy to loose "ourselves" as we grow up. I'm glad you had a "me" moment. You are such a great person with a wonderful family.

Cami said...

Jod- Thanks for this post. It is a great reminder to see ourselves as others do. It was so much fun to hang out with you last weekend. We will have to do it again. - Cami

heather peck said...

what a neat post, it made me smile! and it made me really miss bountiful, i am glad to hear you are happy...and i have always thought your eyes were so big and pretty, and your hair is gorgeous, keep smiling!!